Thursday, February 24, 2011

How did we get here?

So here we are on Aubrey's big day and all our fashion imagination has been put to the test as we created together the day of her dreams.

But just like many little girls, our love for clothes and putting unique outfits together began long ago. My barbies and Crissy doll had only hand made, private label (by Missy) outfits which eventually translated to sewing my own clothes in high school and dreaming of being a famous fashion designer some day.

But alas, reality set in and I was too chicken to move to New York or California, so I settled for a nursing degree, marriage and growing a family that I could dress like my barbie dolls.

Years later, my love for clothes has rubbed off on my daughter Aubrey, but she is way more talented than I ever was. What comes naturally to her, I got through certified training in Portland, OR, as a personal image consultant and stylist, in January of 2010.

So, through this blog we hope to pass on some inspiration, ideas and maybe even some challenges that will stretch you out of your comfort zone. We hope you enjoy this as much as we do!
Missy and Aubrey

2 comments:

  1. Awe, whatever mom, the talent came from you!! Great job, so cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this Missy and Aubrey. I will be a faithful follower. I am a diamond shaped Classic/Romantic. I can't wait to see some new idea for Spring!
    Love you both!
    Caren

    ReplyDelete